
Khao Sok National Park

Went for a bit of a ride this week. Made my way over to Koh Tao, which is on the other side of Thailand and a bit of a boat ride. So I took my scooter and rode like the wind. A slow sort of sputtering wind, but you know I was screaming "Born to Wild" while cruising along.
(click on all pictures for a larger copies)
One of the main reasons that I took the bike was so I could poke around in Khao Sok National
park. One of the most beautiful places in Thailand.I've included just a few pictures here. There is also a bit on Khao Sok in this posting.

These massive pillars and geographical features start here in this region and continue south until you reach the much more famous (and crowded) pinnacles in Krabi and Phang Nga bay.

We often take day trips to visit these and to remind ourselves that this region of Thailand is so much more than just diving and snorkeling. Khao Sok National Park is the largest in Thailand and has some amazing wildlife - including wild Elephants, Bears, Largest Flower in the world and plenty more. The region surrounding the park is undeveloped and features not only the
largest stretches of Rain forest in Thailand but the oldest existing rain forest in the world.There is also the lake, man made and still rising. So much more - Rock Climbing, Golf Courses, rafting, trekking as well as the beaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment